Since 2009 the Rule Foundation has given over $330,000 for LGBTI projects throughout New Zealand.
Supporting organisations that make a positive difference for LGBTI people.
- Agender NZ
- Auckland Women’s Centre
- Christchurch Women’s Centre
- Gay Line Wellington
- Intersex Awareness NZ (ITANZ)
- Love Life Fono
- OUTLine NZ
- Mangere East (ME) Family Services – Transitioning Together production
- Mental Health Foundation – Takatāpui resource
- Pink Health Otautahi, Pink Pages website
- Q2 Trust Dunedin
- Student Christian Movement Aotearoa
Investigating LGBTI unmet needs.
- Auckland University, Sophie Sills research on queer participants in women’s sports
- School of Nursing, Auckland University, Silver Rainbow aged care resource
- Waikato University, Jamie Veale research on transgender health
- Victoria University, Gloria Fraser research on queer and trans experiences accessing Mental Health support
Helping young LGBTI people.
- Alphabet Soup, Dunedin
- InsideOUT (QSA Network Aotearoa)
- Otago University Students’ Association Queer Support
- Outer Spaces, Wellington
- Q-Topia, Christchurch
- Q-Youth, Nelson
- Spectrum Club, Queenstown
- Talatalanoa, South Auckland
Cultivating LGBTI creativity.
- Actually Alex trans short film
- Ballet Foundation, for Loughlan Prior’s short film David
- Sparrow Welby Ings & Robin Murphy short film
- Stark Concerto by Claire Cowan for Wellington Orchestra
- David Hamilton composition
- Pardon Me Alan Turing – performance
- Live Drag – An Opera in the Making by New Zealand Opera
- Toi Moroki Christchurch – FAF SWAG
Nurturing opportunities for LGBTI people to learn and connect.
- Auckland Rainbow Community Church Awaken Conference
- Christchurch Pride
- Bears Christchurch Trust
- Wairarapa Arts Festival Trust – Kokomai Creative Festival
Encouraging LGBTI people to be healthy and active!
- Asia Pacific OutGames, Wellington
- Battle on the Bent Track, Roller Derby
- DANSS Wellington, Samsex Dancesport
- Feathers Badminton Club
- Pride Tennis
- Proud to Play, Auckland
- Team Auckland Master Swimmers
Stories & memories
Telling our unique stories and remembering our history.
- Charlotte Museum Trust
- Lesbian and Gay Archives New Zealand
- Holocaust Centre of NZ – William Spurlin visit
- Reel Queer Inc, Out Takes film festivals
- Same Same But Different – Peter Wells Founders Lecture
Please note the Rule Foundation cannot consider applications for operational funding.